General Care & Disposal
Now that you've purchased your special item that is biodegradable, you must be wondering how to take care of it!
Each item shipped has care & disposal instructions included in its order with more information about the item sold.
Our biomaterials, with the right care, can last upwards of 9 months to over a year before composting (:
Biomaterial Pendant/Charm Replacement Offer!
- Keep your biodegradable jewelry in a cool and dry location when not in use.
- Avoid immersing your accessory in water for prolonged periods of time!
- If its extremely hot & humid outside, save your biomaterials for a less humid day to avoid direct sunlight (this does not apply to our seed collections)
- If item is losing it’s shape, you can put your item in the fridge for 10 minutes to stabilize it’s shape
- Remove the hardware from the biomaterial textile. From there you can recycle/up-cycle the hardware able to compost the biomaterial!
- When composting, we suggest breaking your biomaterial pieces into smaller pieces for a faster degradation rate.
- The biomaterial is an excellent time-release fertilizer (:
- Use a natural microfiber cloth to clean and polish your jewelry hardware
- Keep your seed jewelry in a cool and dry location when not in use.
- For storage, opt for a paper bag instead of a zip-loc bag to avoid moisture retention
- For seeded jewelry with pearls, we strongly recommend a paper bag if now our provided jewelry box for the pearls to keep their shine!
- Avoid immersing your accessory in water!